This Dual-Drive Extruder uses a 3: 1 ratio gears along with precision-machined stainless steel CNC drive gears to provide a compact drive for all applications.
- Suitable for all material including nylons and TPU/TPE filaments.
- The Dual-Drive Extruder is designed for 1.75 mm filaments only.
- The filament path is fully guided throughout the Dual-Drive Extruder body and the housing maintains tight tolerances to the drive gears reducing the chances of Filament mis-feed.
- The thumbscrew tensioner allows fine-tuning to optimize for the type of material you are using.
- This Dual-Drive Extruder can be used in a Bowden or direct setup and gives you the flexibility to choose what works best for your application.
- The fits any Nema17 stepper motor with a standard 5 mm shaft.
- Due to the 3:1 gear ratio – you will need to adjust the E-Step value, E-step value G-code M92 E415 ; 415 steps per mm – this should be regarded as a starting point only and you should calibrate your set up and adjust these values as necessary
Unlike the BMG extruder this kit is manufactured in Aluminium and has an integrated heatsink. This means that when used as a direct drive extruder there is no need for a separate heatsink, cooling being provided by fitting a fan directly to the extruder case. Fittings also included to allow use in Bowden set up.
Electronics kits ( Fan, heater, thermistor, V6 heat block) in 12V or 24V available
Please note: We have a very limited supply of these kits because we regard this kit as an EXPERIMENTAL configuration, it has not yet been tested or debugged in our workshops, we would therefore only recommend it for adventurous or experienced users.
We would welcome feedback on the results that you obtain, as we proceed with the testing ourselves, we will be generating documentation to support the product, but please feel free to contact us with any issues you have – we will always try to help the best we can.